Persistent New Jersey Criminal Defense Lawyer Takes On Tough Cases
Knowledgeable New Brunswick advocate represents clients facing serious charges
Criminal cases take a toll on all parties involved. At the Law Offices of Eric B. Morrell in New Brunswick, I have spent over two decades fighting for people in Middlesex County who want to clear their names or move past their mistakes. I serve all of Central New Jersey and work to find the best possible outcome for every client, providing comprehensive legal representation at every step of the way. As your attorney, I will stand firmly in your corner through the intense pressure applied by the criminal justice system.
Dedicated counselor provides affordable defense for DWI and drug crimes
In cases involving illegal use of drugs or alcohol, I will determine if proper legal procedures were followed by police. I perform a full examination of the circumstances surrounding:
- Drug charges — Anyone caught distributing or possessing even small amounts of drugs (“controlled dangerous substances”) can face severe consequences, and I will fight unjust penalties.
- DWI charges — In New Jersey, the penalties are the same for driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs. Jail time, harsh fines and driving restrictions are possible. As part of the defense strategy, I will explore if any circumstances may have caused an inaccurate breathalyzer reading. I also argue to have charges reduced or dismissed when my clients take actions to remedy the cause of arrest, such as attending AA meetings.
Drug or alcohol charges can profoundly affect your life and career, so it is important to secure legal representation from a dedicated professional.
Skilled New Jersey attorney works to resolve violent and nonviolent charges
When you face serious accusations, you can count on me to provide aggressive representation. I handle:
- Sex offenses — Sexual assault and criminal sexual contact are indictable offenses (felonies) in New Jersey. Punishments vary widely based on the details of each case. Courts can also serve protective orders for assault victims when no criminal charges are filed. My goal is to make sure that your side of the story is heard and that your rights are protected.
- Assault and battery — A fistfight will be charged differently than an assault with a deadly weapon. By explaining your motivation, such as by demonstrating self-defense or your intent to defend others, I can work toward a resolution to your case.
- Burglary — Breaking and entering carries felony-level burglary charges even when no one is physically harmed. I will fight to secure a lenient sentence and work toward dismissal of charges.
I also take on many other types of criminal cases, including those involving guns and weapons, theft, domestic violence, and juvenile law.
Experienced lawyer navigates clients through the expungement process
If the right conditions are met, people who have been arrested or charged with crimes in New Jersey can have their criminal records cleared. Expungements are available for certain indictable offenses and disorderly persons offenses. If you qualify, my office can prepare and file the necessary expungement documentation and represent you during hearings.
Contact a New Jersey defense attorney today for your complimentary consultation
If you face criminal charges, you deserve a strong defense. Call the Law Offices of Eric B. Morrell, located in New Brunswick, at 732-964-9418 or contact me online to make an appointment for your complimentary consultation.